An Experienced Personal Injury Lawyer in Hopkinsville KY
No matter the type of accident, the difference between a top-dollar settlement from the insurance company and absolutely no settlement can come down to whether or not you hire the right personal injury attorney.
The insurance company evaluating your claim employs a team of skilled adjuster and high-priced attorneys with one goal: To limit or deny your claim.
Fortunately, if you are an injured Hopkinsville or Western Kentucky resident, you don’t have to go it alone.
The personal injury lawyers at Fletcher Law Firm have been fighting for the people of Western Kentucky since 1975 and can offer you a FREE case evaluation today.
Do’s and Don’ts After an Accident
- DO seek immediate medical attention!
- No matter how insignificant your injuries seem, it’s not uncommon for pain to increase in the days following the accident.
- Not having a gap in treatment is critical to building a strong personal injury claim.
- DON’T sign any paperwork sent to you by the insurance company.
- A common tactic used by the insurance company is to rush you documents that may include medical authorizations and/or a release.
- Medical authorizations can be used by the insurance company to dig into medical history that isn’t related to the accident.
- Signing a release too quickly may severely limit the amount you can collect for your injuries as well as prevent doctors from identifying future health risks.
- DO call an experienced Western Kentucky accident attorney to evaluate your potential claim and give you helpful advice on how to proceed.
- DON’T wait!
Kentucky has strict laws (statute of limitations) that limit the amount of time you have to settle your accident claim. If you fail to meet the deadline, you can be forever barred from making a recovery.
A Fletcher Law injury lawyer can advise you of your specific statute of limitations based on the unique circumstances of your accident.
Types of Accident Compensation
Hopkinsville and Western Kentucky accident victims are typically entitled to three types of compensation, and your Fletcher Law accident attorney will negotiate with the insurance company to recover:
- Payment for medical bills related to the accident
- Lost wages
- (In the majority of instances, we can recover for lost wages if doctor’s orders prevented you from going to work, or if you’re self-employed and are able to produce records that show missed opportunities for gainful employment.)
Every Personal Injury Case is Different!
Be suspicious of anyone who tells you what your case is worth, or an exact time it should take to settle.
No matter how similar your case may seem to another accident claim, the truth is that no one can predict the outcome until liability is fully established; all applicable insurance policies are located; you have been released from treatment by your doctors, and your attorney has all of the evidence needed to write a powerful demand supported by medical evidence and fact.
What Types of Accident Cases Does Fletcher Law Accept?
- Car Accidents
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- ATV Accidents
- Dog Bites (Animal Attacks)
- Wrongful Death
No matter the type or size of your accident claim, the personal injury lawyers at Fletcher Law will put 35 years of experience behind your case and work with one goal in mind: To get you the largest settlement possible.
We have successfully represented accident victims throughout Western Kentucky, including Hopkinsville (Christian County), Trigg County, Logan County and Todd County.
Let us make your accident case our next success story. Contact us today for a FREE consultation at (270) 885-7671.